I like a protein-rich, delicious and FAST breakfast. And as we dive deeper into summer, I am also enjoying things that are cold in the morning, to help beat the heat. So I dusted off an old breakfast recipe for overnight oats and spruced it up a bit, including adding protein rich sustainable collagen to the mix.
What You’ll Need (affiliate links)
- Organic Oats
- Vanilla Extract
- Organic Milk of your choice (I use Kirkland Organic Soy Milk)
- Dried Cranberries
- Organic Bananas
- Vital Proteins Sustainable Collagen (More on why I love this company HERE)
- Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
- Dried Shredded Organic Coconut
- Place equal parts milk and oats in a large glass food storage container (1 cup oats and 1 cup milk)
- Three dashes of vanilla extract
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Slice one fresh banana
- Two scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen
- Mix thoroughly and place in the refrigerator and let the oats sit overnight. THAT’S IT!
This is all you need to enjoy a healthy, protein rich, tasty breakfast. If you’re looking for a little bonus, I sometimes add a scoop of peanut butter or coconut to the oats right before I eat them.
Never miss a post and join my mailing list.
More from my site